Thursday, December 2, 2010

"Let Me Be A Woman"

That's the name of the book I've been reading lately.
It's very eye opening. I recommend it to every woman, especially those of you who long to embrace that simplistic, housewife/momma lifestyle.




It's written by Elisabeth Elliot in the form of letters written to her daughter before her daughter's marriage. She explains finding true joy in being a woman of God, whether single, married, or widowed. She wrote it during the "feminist" movement when women were venturing out into the corporate world to take on the "man's role" in search of contentment and leaving the place of raising a family.

And for those who watched the movie "End of the Spear," she was the wife of the man that movie was made about. Jim Elliot was her first husband who was killed by a tribe he was reaching out to in Ecuador. She eventually went back, after his death, and shared Christ with the very ones who murdered her husband.

This is an amazing book!
Here is a little piece from her book to give insight behind the tittle:
"What sort of world might it have been if Eve had refused the Serpent's offer and had said to him instead, 'Let me not be like God. Let me be what I was made to be - Let me be a woman'?"





You can find it here for only $6.99


I highly recommend this read and I'm only halfway through it!

It will change you - at least, it has me.


2 comments:

  1. wow! I've heard her story and love that movie, but did not know that she was an author.

    p.s. If you are interested, I have a giveaway going on over at my blog.
    amylouwhogirl.blogspot.com

    Amylou <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete