Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday Mornings & Some Truth

I love Sunday mornings: being lazy with husband, listening to Eisley, and heading to be with Scott's family later on. I love wearing Scott's old tees, being snuggled up under blankets, reading my blog friends posts from the past week while S watches espn. I love that this is the one day a week I have time to read what I want rather than what school tells me to. And music. And prayer. And conversations. And recovering. And preparing.


Here are some Sunday morning images (via Google) to mak
e us all wish we weren't staring at a computer screen right now ...











And here's a quickie for Day 6: Something I hope I never have to do.



I have 2 things I really hope I never have to do:
  1. I hope I never become normal. I hope my family never settles for the "American-Dream". I know there is more to live for than what we're taught in society and I want people to know that. I want to teach my kids to live for eternity. I want to always have the Father on my mind and I want His will to guide my thoughts, actions, and steps. That will NEVER be considered normal.

2. And I hope I never have to bury my husband. I don't think I could handle it.

Day 1: Something you hate about yourself.
Day 2: Something you love about yourself.
Day 3: Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 4: Something you have to forgive someone for.
Day 5: Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 6: Something you hope you never have to do.

Day 7: Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Day 8: Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.
Day 9: Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
Day 10: Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
Day 11: Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
Day 12: Something you never get compliments on.
Day 13: A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
Day 14: A hero that has let you down. (letter)
Day 15: Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
Day 16: Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Day 17: A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Day 18: Your views on gay marriage.
Day 19: What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20: Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21: (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22: Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Day 23: Something you wish you had done in your life.
Day 24: Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25: The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26: Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27: What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Day 28: What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?
Day 29: Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
Day 30: A letter to yourself: tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself.


4 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally agree about never becoming normal. you are so encouraging and reminded me that I need to totally rely on God in my life. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Sunday sounded so sweet.
    Love Eisley too. :]

    ReplyDelete