Saturday, November 6, 2010

Prep Time for Date Night

curling my freshly trimmed(well a week past freshly trimmed) hair in preparation for a date with lovey. i'm consistently laughing at myself while dancing in the mirror in between typing this and holding an iron. Oh, and the fact that this week has been so typical "chase-the-american-dream"ish that I'm curling my hair just to go to a backwoods restaurant favorite of ours, J's Country Squire. I love time with my husband, especially weekend time when he's not selling, conferencing, or teaching. I'm halfway through the curls and I've asked myself about 20 times already why I'm dolling up just for dinner in Sulligent, Alabama? Because I want to, I reply to silence my thoughts and focus on the insanely awesome Eisley pandora station I've cultivated over the past month. Isn't it funny how curls, a dab of lip colour, and a dress with boots and a scarf can make a frustrating, ugly week amazingly okay? yes, my friends, it most absolutely is.

Let's all take one deep breath, release, and bring in the weekend.



1 comment:

  1. I love that you are getting dolled up for dinner! And how lovely a date night must have been!!!!

    ReplyDelete