Sunday, October 17, 2010

from best friends to vows






Scott & I were wed in October of 2009. We had a simple ceremony at a local lake and were blessed to have our reception at The Ramp. It was so very 'us'
Besides giving my heart to the Lord, marrying Scott was the best and most fun thing I've ever done!

We knew each other for years before we became close. Scott learned to play guitar when he was 14 and soon after (okay, not really 'so soon,' but that's another story in itself) he began playing at our church. Although I knew this Scott boy was the music man from church, that's about all I knew about him. Around this same time Scott got involved with the Grace Place band, which eventually on down the road became The RAMP worship band (thanks to Joshua Scott).



And even though I frequented services there as well, still no connection with him. What's even crazier was that all of his friends were the older siblings/friends-of-older siblings of my friends. Yet, still no dialogue was ever started between us.



Until one Fall night in 2007 after a New Life service let out, a friend of mine and I were heading to get some food. I had just put down the top on my '99 Mustang convertible when out of nowhere this boy jumps into my car and begins talking to the girl that was with me. Oddly enough, I didn't find it strange since he knew her pretty well, so I just told him where we were going and he came along.




A special friendship grew between us, a very unique one to say the least. And a few months after that, in early November, I simultaneously received a text from Scott and a text from this other friend who was with us a bunch. Scott's read: Can you meet me at the church when you get out of school. And girl's read: I think Scott likes you. So a very nervous me met Scott and we had about a 2 hour talk about feelings and mushy stuff like that.





woah.




Fast forward a year and a half later, we're engaged. Me, 19 years old. Scott, 22 years old.
Absolutely everyone in this beautiful small town assumed I was with child. I was not -- Just in love.
5 months later, we were married in October of 2009 and headed to a south-of-the-boarder honeymoon!


Jesus is faithful.



And that was one year ago today! That's right, folks! Today's our official one year anniversary.

3 comments: