Saturday, November 13, 2010

So Finished!

I'm just going to go ahead and finish this because I've got to start blogging about other things. It was fun though.



Day 1:
Something you hate about yourself.
Day 2: Something you love about yourself.
Day 3: Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 4: Something you have to forgive someone for.
Day 5: Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 6: Something you hope you never have to do.
Day 7: Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Day 8: Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.
Day 9: Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
Day 10: Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
Day 11: Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
Day 12: Something you never get compliments on.
Day 13: A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
Day 14: A hero that has let you down. (letter)
Day 15: Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
Day 16: Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Day 17: A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.


Day 18: Your views on gay marriage.

I believe homosexuality is specifically spoken against in the Bible. However, I do not "hate" homosexuals. I, personally, can't judge anyone for anything. I can only love them. But I do know what I believe and why I believe it. E-mail me if you have something to discuss in more depth on this issue.

Day 19: What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?

"Religion" is such a manipulated word. It has so many definitions, but my favorite (from Webster's) is this one: " a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith "
But what I have between my Savior and myself is more than that. It's not simply a 'cause' (although it is that), and it's not just a 'system of beliefs' (although that goes along with it as well). What I have is a relationship with the God of the universe, the One who created everything, He who came as a man to redeem every human who will ever exist, and the same One who listens to me when I cry to Him. I have a relationship with Him -- not just religion. I'm so madly in love with Him. I want Him to be my first thought every morning and my last meditation as I lay down to sleep. I want have his Holy Spirit with me every step, every thought throughout my day.
What I have goes so much deeper than a principle. Although I live by principles He established in His Word, I don't live FOR principle, I don't live For religion. I LIVE for the One who saved my soul. I find my purpose through His words, both spoken directly to me and those in my Bible. In His presence I find my peace, my joy, my strength to carry on. He's all I ever want to have.
"Things of this world grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace."

Day 20: Your views on drugs and alcohol.

I don't want any.

Day 21: (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?

I really don't fight with my best friend. But if anybody was to wreck, I'd go to wherever they are, and probably pray with them.

Day 22: Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.

I don't want to live for this world or what it says it has for me. I want to always press toward the calling of Christ.

Day 23: Something you wish you had done in your life.

I have alot of things I want to do in my life ... Like get OUT of school!

Day 24: Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)

No. Because I'm trying to finish this very quickly and I don't have time for that (:

Day 25: The reason you believe you’re still alive today.

To glorify my Redeemer -- the only contentment I'll ever have.

Day 26: Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?

I have, but then I have to make myself go read the Bible and it always speaks to me.

Day 27: What’s the best thing going for you right now?

I know I'm sounding redundant... but it really is my life: Jesus. Jesus is the only good thing about me.

Day 28: What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?

If I was pregnant... I don't want to think about that right now...

Day 29: Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.

I want to be a better wife, daughter, sister, friend, confidant, christian, you know ...

Day 30: A letter to yourself: tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself.

No. No. No.
I just can't because I want to be done with this so muchly!

No comments:

Post a Comment